Many people dream of having a house but it is not easy to get a home for yourself, and no one would want their own home to have problems, especially with problems "Subsided house" that could happen with every house. This can be caused by various factors such as the area of the house, the duration, the vibration, the weight of the house and the strength of the structure. Most home structures are designed to support about a certain weight, which is sufficient for normal living only. Adding the roof of the garage or even having heavy items stored in the house, will make the house heavier and causing the house to collapse. Today, we present you about how to prepare and solve the problem of subsided house.
The reason for the subsided house
1. Soil condition : Soil has many characteristics, which vary in both softness and hardness. In general, the soil used for building a house can be used both wet and dry. Dry soil, if well compacted, will collapse less than wet soil because wet soil is mixed with water, soil conditions are softer and more prone to collapse than dry soil and may be cavitation beneath the ground. Therefore, before construction, soil compaction must be considered firm and not easy to collapse.
2. Foundation system : As you know, foundations are an important part of building a house. Besides being the starting base of construction, it is also a part that supports the weight of the whole house and it is also acting as indicator to tell us the house is going too collapsed or not. If the piles are insufficiently deep or not aligned with each side of the pillar or pile, or they are on different soil types. If you do not check the soil well before piling, it will make the house more easily to collapse.
3. The weight of the house : Most home structures are designed to support about a certain weight. For general housing, the minimum weight is 150 kg/sq.m, which is based on the calculation principles for designing the load-bearing structures. Engineers will allow for the weight in this section for safety 1.7-2 times and weight for the structure to support another 40-70%, but if the house has too much weight, it may be the reason for the house to collapse as well.
1. Contact housing project : In the event of a new home purchase, the seller will provide the buyer a minimum 5 year guarantee for the home structure. If the landlord does not complete the renovation of the house that violates any warranty terms, they can ask the seller to take steps to fix the problem. If the seller does not resolve the problem, the homeowner can notify the Office of the Consumer Protection Board (OCPB) or file a court claim for fraud.
2. Consult with an engineer : In the case of an old house or a home that is out of insurance, if the house is collapsed, it should not be assessed visually or hires a technician to repair. You should contact a specialist company or a construction engineer to analyze the cause and find the right solution. Sometimes you may need to dig the ground to fix the foundation or use piles to support the sloping side of the house which depends on the house condition where the problem occurs.
3. Lift the house to adjust the foundation : Another way to solve the problem of a house that collapses without knocking it out is by cutting the foundation out of the house. Then lift the house up until it floats to dismantle the old foundation before connecting the house to the new foundation. House lifting is quite expensive. The bigger the house and the weight, the more it is difficult to lift. It must be corrected only by a professional company to be safe.
From the above article, many people probably already know the cause and the solution. If the house collapses, it must be rectified before the problem escalates. The most important thing when repairing is to choose a solution that will minimize the damage to the homeowner's life and property.